I am a BACP and COSRT Accredited, Relate and UKRCP registered counsellor,
psychotherapist and sex therapist with over 18 years' experience. I have
my own private practices in both Oxford and Bicester. I offer family therapy, short or
longer term therapy to heterosexual, LGBT individuals and couples.
I also provide clinical supervision for qualified counsellors and trainees.
My background is within the primary care setting, where I have gained a wealth of knowledge and experience working with a wide range of issues including trauma, depression, anxiety and bereavement.
As an experienced integrative counsellor and psychotherapist, I am qualified to use a range of approaches to fit with your specific needs. Depending on your circumstances and preferred way of working, this may involve incorporating elements of:
• Psychodynamic Therapy to explore how past experiences may have impacted on an individual’s actions, decisions and relationships
• Systemic Therapy to promote change by looking at how each person interacts in the couple, family and wider system
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with a focus on the present to look at learned behaviours and negative thought patterns whilst devising strategies to break the vicious cycles
• Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) to create a shift in partners’ interactions and foster the formation of a secure bond between partners; to initiate and reinforce positive cycles of interaction through re-organising and expanding key emotional responses in partners
• Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) to process traumatic memories, alleviating the impact of stress, anxiety, depression and hypervigilance so that adaptive responses can be made in the present rather than re-living the traumatic event each time a trigger experience happens
• Diploma in Integrative Counselling
• Relate Certificate in Couples Counselling
• Post-graduate Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy
• Relate qualified trainer in counselling skills
• MSc in Education and Public Health
• Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision
• Certification of EMDR training (parts 1, 2 & 3)
• Certification of Emotionally Focused Therapy Training (EFT) ICEEFT
(International Centre for Excellence in EFT)
• Certification of Hypnotherapy and Mindfulness Training
• Accredited member of BACP (British Association of Counsellors and
• Accredited member of COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship
• Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist of UKRCP
(United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
I am a recognised provider for Bupa, Aviva and WPA Health Insurance
I am committed to Continuing Professional Development in Counselling and Psychotherapy and follow the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and COSRT. I hold full professional indemnity and public liability insurance.